Sunday, May 4, 2008

Faith above Feelings

Howdy hoo hoo everybody...

This is my first actual blog entry...something that I've been procrastinating for a long while. I've never been a person who's persistent about anything, and thus lacking the motivation to bulldoze my way to accomplish anything. Nonetheless, much was accomplished in my life, all thanks to a Father in Heaven who delights in providing for me more than I could imagine.

Yesterday, as I was having our weekly study of the Purpose Driven Life with my sweetheart, I was compelled to start up this blog. One purpose to to give encouragement to all who might read it. I recognize that I am a long winded dude(genetics perhaps?), so I'll try to keep it interesting(note that I've not promised to keep it short :P)

We were reminded yet once again that as children of God, the elevation of cloud 9 "highness" and a feeling of joy is NOT a yardstick of measurement of our relationship with the Father. Jesus calls us to live by faith, not by sight. I don't suppose living by our other senses will cut it as well. As Rick Warren pointed out, many people think of the experience of worship rather than the experience of God when we go about our religious practices. We sometimes deceive ourselves that we are close to God when we "feel" the presence of God, while the other times when we don't, God is a million miles away. No wonder many of us associate singing praise and worship songs is an act of worship and devotion to God, while much less emphasis is placed on perhaps listening to the sermon or giving of God's tithes. This is because we experience little or no emotional sensation towards the latter two "activity".

TIME FOR CHANGE.

Living by faith, means for us to practice what we believe regardless of how we feel. Many times at work, I don't "feel" God's presence, particularly if I'm in a meeting or speaking to my boss or colleagues, but that doesn't mean that God is not present and most definitely NOT mean that He is not in control or interested in my affairs. He IS. The fact that I am in this wonderful job is a testimony that His Word rings true, that it is His pleasure to pour out His blessings from heaven to His children.

That's all from me now...before someone I know complain against me that I'm long winded...(yes dear, referring to you)...*blink*blink*

No comments: