Monday, January 19, 2009

Psalm 119:105

Ever wondered what the beautiful psalm means?

I did...and I asked a very wise friend of mine a very long time ago...when we were still in high school...no...no...not the musical type...just a regular ol' high school. ;)

Well, here's a recollection of what it means as I remembered my guru friend's explanation:-

Psalm 119:105 - Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light for my path (NIV).

Lamp unto my feet ==> The Word of God guides us for every step we have to take...only we have to take up the "lamp", and have courage to take one step at a time...even though we may not see 2 or 3 steps ahead.

Light unto my path==> The Word of God shows us the "light at the end of the tunnel" so-to-speak...as it is a Light that enables us to have the right direction to walk toward....least we stray to the left or to the right...


No comments: